Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to get notifications about new articles, events, and more.
- Why Lingard Didn’t Like NewmanBy Shaun BlanchardSeptember 24, 2021Lingard remarked upon Newman’s career several times in his correspondence, usually with a mixture of suspicion and curiosity. […]
- A Collaborative Digitization Project between the National Institute of Newman Studies, Pittsburgh and the Birmingham Archdiocesan Archives, EnglandBy Naomi JohnsonSeptember 9, 2021As an archivist, I was incredibly excited by the platform and conceptualization of access that NINS was creating, showing a forward-thinking vision that was almost unheard of at the time. […]
- Reading Louis Bouyer with Keith Lemna: A Review of The Apocalypse of WisdomBy Laura EloeAugust 18, 2021The primary purpose of Lemna's masterful book The Apocalypse of Wisdom: Louis Bouyer's Theological Recovery of the Cosmos is to shed light on the "twists and turns of the path Bouyer charts in Cosmos" (xiii). […]
- Pusey’s 1843 Sermon on the Eucharist: A Rejected Eucharistic TheologyBy Erin MeikleAugust 11, 2021This article aims to understand why a defense of a corporeal, real presence of Christ in the sacrament was problematic in nineteenth-century England. […]
- The “Happy Months” of Newman at the College of Propaganda in Rome (1846–1847)By Luca F. TuninettiAugust 4, 2021Tuninetti argues that at the College in Rome he eventually found, and was profoundly attracted by, what he had long been looking for: the opportunity to participate in the daily life of an established Catholic community—at a time when he was considering his own vocation within the Church of Rome. […]
hermeneutics book review certainty suffering Philip Neri Grammar of Assent Philosophy Vatican II classes conversion corruption Rome music Truth Idea of a University correspondence digital collections sermons development COVID-19 review reception of Newman tria munera Dream of Gerontius devotional Apologia Pro Vita Sua prayer reflections technology holiness wealth spirituality canonization liturgy Anglican education Littlemore biography sin pandemic memoirs historical profile Lent high school money