Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to get notifications about new articles, events, and more.
- Newman’s Campaign in Ireland: A Review of Paul Shrimpton’s New EditionBy Joanna BullivantJuly 28, 2021The newest volume in the Birmingham Oratory’s Millennial Edition of Newman’s works published My Campaign Part I for the first time. […]
- A Pilgrimage with Newman: Reading Patricia O’Leary’s The Gentleman SaintBy Joanna BullivantJuly 1, 2021Patricia O’Leary’s The Gentleman Saint (Gracewing, 2020) is a short and delightful introduction to John Henry Newman. […]
- John Henry Newman’s Pandemic Ministry: A Balm for the BereavedBy Joanna BullivantMay 5, 2021Newman ministered to the sick and dying cholera victims and their families in Oxford, Birmingham, and Bilston. […]
- John Henry Newman’s Second Journey to Rome: 1846-1847By Joanna BullivantApril 29, 2021In 1846 Newman traveled to Rome a second time, specifically for his seminary studies in preparation for his ordination as a Catholic priest. […]
- Reading Newman Philosophically: An Integrative ExerciseBy Joanna BullivantApril 8, 2021This article argues that Newman’s notion of a philosophical habit of mind can provide a helpful conceptual framework for navigating conversations about reading, appropriating, and extending his philosophical thought. […]
reflections book review devotional Philip Neri historical profile Vatican I faith memoirs holiness tria munera spirituality reception of Newman Lent sermons liturgy imagination Rome pandemic correspondence development biography education symposium prayer sin canonization Truth Littlemore Apologia Pro Vita Sua COVID-19 Henry Cardinal Manning Anglican high school conversion Idea of a University hermeneutics technology classes review Dream of Gerontius Vatican II music suffering Grammar of Assent digital collections