Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to get notifications about new articles, events, and more.
- Oikonomia and History: Newman’s Critique of Henry Hart Milman and the Historicism of Ernst TroeltschBy Patrick Auer JonesSeptember 29, 2021The dialogue I seek to construct between Troeltsch and Newman hinges particularly on Newman’s reception of the patristic concept of oikonomia. […]
- Why Lingard Didn’t Like NewmanBy Shaun BlanchardSeptember 24, 2021Lingard remarked upon Newman’s career several times in his correspondence, usually with a mixture of suspicion and curiosity. […]
- A Collaborative Digitization Project between the National Institute of Newman Studies, Pittsburgh and the Birmingham Archdiocesan Archives, EnglandBy Naomi JohnsonSeptember 9, 2021As an archivist, I was incredibly excited by the platform and conceptualization of access that NINS was creating, showing a forward-thinking vision that was almost unheard of at the time. […]
- Reading Louis Bouyer with Keith Lemna: A Review of The Apocalypse of WisdomBy Laura EloeAugust 18, 2021The primary purpose of Lemna's masterful book The Apocalypse of Wisdom: Louis Bouyer's Theological Recovery of the Cosmos is to shed light on the "twists and turns of the path Bouyer charts in Cosmos" (xiii). […]
- Pusey’s 1843 Sermon on the Eucharist: A Rejected Eucharistic TheologyBy Erin MeikleAugust 11, 2021This article aims to understand why a defense of a corporeal, real presence of Christ in the sacrament was problematic in nineteenth-century England. […]
Idea of a University historical profile Vatican II reflections sermons COVID-19 Anglican Lent development holiness Philosophy Littlemore education reception of Newman conversion hermeneutics Dream of Gerontius spirituality canonization certainty Truth sin Apologia Pro Vita Sua rhetoric suffering digital collections devotional tria munera prayer high school correspondence pandemic memoirs technology book review liturgy money review Grammar of Assent classes biography music Philip Neri imagination Rome