Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to get notifications about new articles, events, and more.
- Newman’s Campaign in Ireland: A Review of Paul Shrimpton’s New EditionBy Eamon NaughtonJuly 28, 2021The newest volume in the Birmingham Oratory’s Millennial Edition of Newman’s works published My Campaign Part I for the first time. […]
- A Pilgrimage with Newman: Reading Patricia O’Leary’s The Gentleman SaintBy Eamon NaughtonJuly 1, 2021Patricia O’Leary’s The Gentleman Saint (Gracewing, 2020) is a short and delightful introduction to John Henry Newman. […]
- John Henry Newman’s Pandemic Ministry: A Balm for the BereavedBy Eamon NaughtonMay 5, 2021Newman ministered to the sick and dying cholera victims and their families in Oxford, Birmingham, and Bilston. […]
- John Henry Newman’s Second Journey to Rome: 1846-1847By Eamon NaughtonApril 29, 2021In 1846 Newman traveled to Rome a second time, specifically for his seminary studies in preparation for his ordination as a Catholic priest. […]
- Reading Newman Philosophically: An Integrative ExerciseBy Eamon NaughtonApril 8, 2021This article argues that Newman’s notion of a philosophical habit of mind can provide a helpful conceptual framework for navigating conversations about reading, appropriating, and extending his philosophical thought. […]
Philip Neri review Henry Cardinal Manning symposium liturgy reflections correspondence suffering Truth memoirs devotional Lent tria munera Grammar of Assent book review imagination canonization spirituality high school COVID-19 Apologia Pro Vita Sua biography pandemic prayer sin technology hermeneutics digital collections Idea of a University Littlemore historical profile classes Vatican I Vatican II Anglican sermons education faith conversion Dream of Gerontius music holiness reception of Newman development Rome